Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bait James

What can we say about Bait James? Bait James is the guy who sits on a low sec gate in his Myrm with a red flashy Apoc sitting 250km from gate, hence the name Bait James. He’s got a pretty good act to because after I killed him he appeared completely surprised, questioning how I got agro on him in high sec. Kill Rights I said and directed his attention to the link:


Remember now” I said? He replies, “I remember shooting some ships in low sec…”.

We certainly were looking for trouble on that evening. It was myself and a mate from a previous corporation and some of his buddies. It was a fun roam through low sec looking for something to kill. Just when we were about to give up my cloaky alt sees Bait James sitting at the low sec gate in his Myrm with his flashy red buddy in a sebo boosted Apoc 250km from the gate. I get within 20km of the Apoc with my cloaky alt and jump in with my Cyclone to do the tackle. As soon as I get within 5 seconds of bubble exit the rest of the fleet jumps in for support. I land, target, lock, scram, shoot and within 10 seconds as my mates are in warp the rest of the flashy reds start landing. Long story short:


A couple of times I went to his home system and he’s always docked up. I had pretty much given up on him because I never saw him leave the system on the locators. I started following his kill board and saw that he had started losing a couple of ships in some low sec systems and thought great, he’s come out of his hibernation. I ran a locator on him and saw that he was about 15 jumps from my home system. I had to take the chance though since I might not be able to get at him again. I get my RR domi alt on jump in front of my torp shitter phoon and head out to my destination.

My alt found him a couple of jumps from where the locator found him so I thought he might be coming back to his home system. I waited, and waited, and waited and waited and, you get the picture. I sent my alt to the only station in system and just as I was about to dock he exited the system. He didn’t come to where I was so he must be going to the system where I originally found him. I jump in and follow my alt until we track him down. My alt warps to the only station and just as I am about to dock I see his Myrm docking as well.

I had to try and take him on station. I was hoping that my torp shitter had enough DPS, (1000 with Ogre IIs). I jumped into system and warped to the station at the same time as I undocked my RR. I only had to wait about 1 minute before he undocked and immediately I targeted, locked, scrammed, web, torps, guns, drones. It took him about 10 seconds to react. Obviously he was trying to dock up but had to wait on the session change timer. I knew I had him once he aggressed me since there was no way he could take down my phoon and I wouldn’t even need the RR.

After the kill he starts crying in local and telling me that I should grow some balls. All he was doing is is innocently mission running, yadda, yadda, yadda.


No comments:

Post a Comment